Deploying the OpenVPN Client
With clients configured, the next step is deploying the configuration profile to users.
- The following steps are for Microsoft Windows only.
- Download the Windows OpenVPN client https://openvpn.net/client-connect-vpn-for-windows/.
- Run the installer and follow the Installation Wizard:
- Open the OpenVPN client and choose to import the profile from a file.
- Browse to the configuration profile you obtained in steps two and three.
- Click Add.
- Toggle the switch to connect.
Please note the VPN client will fail to connect if you are on the local network that you are trying to connect to. You must be on a different network than the one you are trying to connect to for the VPN connection to be established.
If you need additional assistance please call us at 262-221-6101. Thank you!